Early Bird Extended- EMPOWER, EMBRACE, EMERGE
We’ve extended the early bird deadline for EMPOWER, EMBRACE, EMERGE to this Friday April 10th! Register before the end of the day on Friday and you’ll be saving $10 off your investment.
You can CLICK HERE to jump right to the registration page.
Haven’t heard about EMPOWER, EMBRACE, EMERGE yet?!?!
Compassion fatigue and caregiver burnout may be all too familiar on your journey of parenting a child with difficult behaviors. Over the months and years, the ongoing trauma of parenting may have you feeling as though you have little left to give. How would you like to spend a day with other parents who share a similar path and are ready to turn some of those caregiver superpowers on themselves? Please join Central Texas Attachment & Trauma Center (CTATC) for our second annual conference- EMPOWER, EMBRACE, EMERGE, a Nourishing Conference for Parents and Caregivers. This soul-enriching day will draw from the latest research and innovation in the fields of neuroscience, mindfulness, and self-compassion to help attendees EMPOWER their mind, body, and soul, EMBRACE themselves (and their child), and EMERGE as a parent more amazing than you ever imagined.
WHAT TO EXPECT
EMPOWER, EMBRACE, EMERGE will be hands-on and interactive, combining learning with experiencing and providing real-world application that you will be able to feel and do in the moment. You can look forward to meeting new people, hearing other’s stories and experiences, and having the opportunity to share your own. This will be a day of listening AND doing so come ready to connect with other parents who share a similar parenting journey.
Topics will include self-compassion, radical acceptance, mindful awareness.. You will enjoy learning about and experiencing these self-care tools!
We’re All in this Together!
- Understand the importance of a regulated nervous system and learn ways to keep a calm demeanor in the face of tribulations.
- Explore the various elements of secure attachment and examine the role of attachment rupture and repair.
Getting Out of Your Own Way
- Understand how shame can interfere with their ability to care for a challenging child
- Identify their strengths under stress
- Learn the concept of Radical Acceptance and how to implement it in everyday life
- Choose how to act instead of just reacting
- Learn how self-compassion can help parents avoid continuing patterns of fear, isolation, and negativity
- Understand how self-compassion helps keep our nervous system in a regulated space that promotes personal well-being and allows for attachment and connection with our children (and partners!)
- See how self-compassion removes judgment, promotes self-kindness, and ultimately allows parents to EMERGE as the parents they hoped to be- and actually already are.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Robyn Gobbel, LCSW, founder of CTATC, is a therapist specializing in adoption, attachment, and trauma. Trained in EMDR, Trust Based Relational Intervention®, and The ALERT Program, she integrates these modalities into an attachment based, neuroscience supported, and sensory sensitive healing environment for children and their families.
Suzette Lamb, LPC-S, LCPAA, co-founder of CTATC, is a therapist who has spent over 25 years working with children and families in the foster care system as well as residential and out of-home settings. She is systemically trained, focusing on children in the context of their family, and has advanced training in trauma, attachment, EMDR, and Trust Based Relational Intervention®.
Katie Spillar, LMFT Associate, co-founder of CTATC, is a therapist trained in EMDR, Theraplay, and Trust Based Relational Intervention®. She works with children, teenagers, and families who have experienced attachment trauma, adoption grief and loss, and behavioral problems. Katie’s playful, authentic presence supports connection and healing.
ALL CTATC THERAPISTS SPECIALIZE IN FAMILIES WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ATTACHMENT TRAUMA
CLICK HERE to register!!!